Sunday 24th July 2016 - from 11am to 2pm
Summer Sponsored Walk and Picnic at Kempton Park Racecourse
We would love to see you all at our Summer Sponsored Walk and Picnic at Kempton Park Racecourse on Sunday 24th July 2016 - starting at 11am.
Greyhounds and humans are welcome to take part in the 1.2 mile walk around the all weather track followed by a picnic in the grandstand area.
Those who wish to participate in the sponsored walk will be able to download a sponsorship form shortly and those who would like to join the walk without sponsorship can pay a fee of £5 on day to take part.
You are all welcome to use the free onsite parking and bring your own picnic refreshments including blankets/chairs and the toilet amenities will be open for human use!
PLEASE NOTE this will be our alternative event to the Annual Summer Show so we'd love to see you all.
- All Greyhounds are welcome, not just those re-homed from WGW.
- This is NOT an all breed event however Greyhound companions (other breeds who live with a Greyhound) are also invited to accompany their Greyhound for the day.
- We kindly ask all dogs to be on leads at all times.
- Unsociable/nervous Greyhounds are more than welcome as this is an event for everyone however please bring your own muzzles just to be sure.
- Whilst on site, please be considerate and give each other plenty of space especially those with our own resident kennel Greyhounds and those who may not be small breed friendly. There will be a large separate picnic area for those Greyhounds who would prefer to lunch on their own.
- As always, bins will be available so please pick up after your dog.
- Lastly, hope for nice weather and have a lovely time!
You can also donate on Just Giving.
We have already welcomed the first of the greyhounds from trainer’s kennels which have been affected by the current situation with Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium. If you’re visiting us, do say “hello” to them or, even better, offer them a home!
Jackie is an eight-year-old girl who was left in the care of her trainer once she retired from racing and her syndicate of owners fell apart.
With no one to account for her wellbeing, her trainer has kept her safe and cared for her until we offered her place with us.
Jackie has settled in well but can be slightly reserved when she first meets someone new.
Painshill Park Pooch Day Saturday 16th July 11-4
WGW are having a stall at this show to promote greyhounds as pets and the work of our charity.
Volunteers and their hounds needed throughout the day. There will be lots of other breeds at this show so well socialised and confident hounds only please.
If you are able to help or pop along for an hour or two please contact the kennels and let us know.01932 224918
Best friends, Laura Markham and Olivia Hantow, raised a grand total of £60.20 for 'Wimbledon Greyhound Welfare' (the Hersham Hounds) with their own initiative of setting up an orange juice stall.
Their kind donation was made in memory of Laura's beloved greyhound, Chinny who sadly, passed away recently.
Although much missed by all her family and friends, Laura and Olivia wanted to do something special for us in honour of this very special lady.
Thank you both for all your hard work and for helping Chinny's memory live on in all our hearts.
Pictured are Laura and Olivia with their stall information they put together themselves, with WGW's 10 year old homeless hounds, Dee-Dee and Coco, looking on.
Keep up to date with all the latest news at https://www.facebook.com/Wimbledongreyhoundwelfare
Or join the discussion at Wimbledon Greyhound Welfare Facebook Forum