Ways to help
Greyt – we are pleased that you are considering offering one of our greyhounds a forever home. We have a dedicated adoption page so please read this carefully.
There is no need to make a regular commitment to walking the greyhounds. Please come along whenever and as often as you can.
The kennels are open every day from 11am to 2pm for dog walking.
The first time you come to the kennels you will need to register to take a hound for a walk. Please bring documents with you that prove your address along with some photo id. For example; a recent utility bill along with a passport or drivers license or student card.
We are often asked by our kind supporters, what provisions they might be able to buy to support the running of the kennels, so that they do not spend money on things we may already have.
This is the wish- list we have compiled, if this helps. Any of these items would be much appreciated.
Thank you, from us all at Wimbledon Greyhound Welfare:
1. Bin-bags (large dustbin size)
2. Wheelie bin liners
3. Disinfectant (pet friendly for kennels) or general disinfectant / zoflora etc. For the yard
4. Kitchen rolls
5. Toilet rolls
6. Hand sanitiser
7. Bags of soda crystals for cleaning
8. Anti-bacterial hand wash
9. Rubber gloves (large)
10. Fresh chicken or cooked chicken
11. Tinned fish (pilchards, sardines, tuna)
12. Cooked sausages for treats/ tablets/medication
13. Tins or packs of corned beef or chicken roll for tablets/medication
14. Teabags / coffee / sugar/ human biscuits – (for fundraising coffee mornings at the kennels every other weekend)
15. Forthglade (just) trays – Kennels price per individual tray or BOX OF 18 from local pet supplier ‘Surrey Pet Feeds’ (Heritage House, Pool Road, West Molesey KT8 2NU – Tel: 01932 221996)
16. Baileys grain-free biscuit- Kennel price per 2kg BAG OR for a 15kg Bag. (‘Surrey Pet Feeds’, as above)
17. We take unwanted towels, blankets, duvets *(please ask if we have storage room before bringing, as we don’t have much storage space, so may need to keep back for a week or two. Kennels Tel No: 01932 251894).
Be it a meet and greet, an event here at the kennels, or an organised dog walk. News of upcoming events is published in our newsletters, on our Events Page and at the kennels.
Keep an eye on what’s happening and contact the event organiser to see if you can help. There are some events where we have to limit the number or greyhounds and helpers, or because of the nature of the event we have to be very specific about which greyhounds are suitable.
So please don’t be offended if we decline your offer of help for a particular event.
Do you have a skill, a trade, or an area of expertise that we can use? Or do you have contacts or connections related to your business who, one day, may be the very person we are looking for to supply us with a product/service?
Don’t be bashful, put your name on our register so that we can find you if we need to.
Yes folks, every now and then we do need an extra pair of hands at the kennels to help with cleaning, tidying and painting. So if you’re up for a day of hard work and don’t mind what you do then get yourself booked in for a day at the kennels.
We are always looking for extra help during March/April when we give the kennels a spring clean and a new coat of paint in preparation for our birthday celebrations.
It’s hard work but very satisfying to see the kennels looking their best.